Last updated: 2019/08/19
This notice falls under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
What data does our plugin collect?
The free and Premium MailPoet plugins do not collect any user data according to the WordPress Plugins Guidelines.
We do collect data if you opt in to share your data in Settings > Advanced. See detailed list of information we collect in our support docs.
The following user feedback tools will collect some will collect some data if you interact with them:
- The contact form at the bottom right of all pages which will identify you;
- The question “Would you recommend this plugin to a friend?” will identify your website and email address;
- The sidebar announcement panel will log your IP but will not identify you;
- Videos guides will track views, but in a non identifiable way.
What data does our sending service collect?
If you have created an account with MailPoet to send emails or to purchase a plan, we collect the following data on our servers in the UK, Germany and Finland:
- Email address;
We ask for consent during the account creation process with a checkbox. A link to this page is provided during this step.
If you send emails with MailPoet, we will keep the following:
- Logs of emails sent;
- Support enquiries by email.
Third party services and their location
MailPoet relies on third party services to maintain its own services.
- Payline, France;
- Linode, England;
- Hetzner, Germany (holds no identifiable data);
- PollDaddy, Ireland;
- SatisMeter, Czech Republic;
- TypeForm, Spain;
- Hotjar, Malta;
- Awin, France (holds no identifiable data).
- Amazon S3, US (encrypted backups);
- GetBeamer, US;
- Helpscout, US;
- Stripe, US;
- Baremetrics, US;
- PayPal, US;
- Slack, US;
- MixPanel, US (users who opt-in to share their usage data with us);
- Google Analytics (US).
Length of data collection
MailPoet will keep identifiable data for an undetermined amount of time or until the user asks us to anonymize and / or delete his data.
Who has access to our data?
Data at MailPoet is not shared or sold with any third party.
MailPoet staff and contractors have access to users data for the purpose of providing services.
No personal identifiable data is stored on staff or contractor computers on a permanent basis. Contractors are requested to delete this data at the end of their mission.
Your data, your rights
- You can request a copy of their data which we will provide within 30 days;
- You can request your data to be anonymized which we will do within 30 days;
- While we will do everything we can to keep our service secure, in the event of a data breach or misuse, we will inform our users of what happened and what we have done to put it right within 30 days.
Who we are
MailPoet is a product by Wysija SARL, incorporated in France since 2011.
We can be reached via this contact form on our website.
6 rue Dieudé
- VAT number: FR 52538230186;
- SIRET : 53823018600024;
- RCS Marseille B 538 230 186.