Last updated: 2019/02/04
This notice falls under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Who We Are
MailPoet is a product by Wysija SARL, incorporated in France since 2011.
6 rue Dieudé
- VAT number: FR 52538230186;
- SIRET : 53823018600024;
- RCS Marseille B 538 230 186.
Our logos can be downloaded on this page.
How To Contact Us
We can be reached via this contact form on our website.
Our Plugin Does Not Collect Any Data
The free and Premium MailPoet plugins do not collect any user data according to the WordPress Plugins Guidelines.
We do collect data if you opt in to share your data in Settings > Advanced (Mixpanel, US) or if you use the MailPoet Sending Service.
Some data will be recorded if you interact with the following user feedback tools in our plugin:
- The contact form at the bottom right of all pages which will identify you (Helpscout, US)
- The question “Would you recommend this plugin to a friend?” will identify your website and email (Satismeter, Czech)
- The sidebar announcement panel will log your IP but will not identify you (GetBeamer, US)
- Videos guides will track views, but in a non identifiable way (Vimeo, US)
Personal Data We Collect
If you have created an account with MailPoet, we collect the following data.
- Email address;
- Newsletter: opens, clicks, opt-ins;
- Plugin and usage data that certain users opt-in to share with us to help build a better plugin.
List the information that we store but that is not identifiable:
- Logs of emails sent;
- Support enquiries by email.
Consent to Collect
We collect data from users that have created accounts with us, either free or paid.
We ask for consent during the account creation process with a checkbox. A link to this page is provided during the account creation process.
The legal basis for us to collect the data is to be able to provide you with a service.
Your Data, Your Rights
- You can request a copy of their data which we will provide within 30 days;
- You can request your data to be anonymized which we will do within 30 days;
- While we will do everything we can to keep our service secure, in the event of a data breach or misuse, we will inform our users of what happened and what we have done to put it right within 30 days.
Services and Third Parties Where MailPoet Stores Data
MailPoet relies on third party services to maintain its own services. MailPoet never shares or resell any of its data.
- Payline, France;
- Linode, England;
- Lixium, France (holds no identifiable data);
- PollDaddy, Ireland;
- SatisMeter, Czech Republic.
- Amazon S3, US (encrypted backups);
- GetBeamer, US;
- Helpscout, US;
- Stripe, US;
- Baremetrics, US;
- Clearbit, US;
- PayPal, US;
- Slack, US;
- MixPanel, US (users who opt-in to share their usage data with us);
- Google Analytics (US).
Length of Data Collection
MailPoet will keep identifiable data for an undetermined amount of time or until the user asks us to anonymize and / or delete his data.
Newsletter & Account Statistics and Reporting
MailPoet records behavioural data, such as opens and clicks, for emails MailPoet sends itself.
MailPoet does not collect behavioural data on behalf of its users. MailPoet does not store emails sent on users behalf using the MailPoet Sending Service.
MailPoet collects data from users’ accounts for security reasons, to monitor deliverability, for internal reporting and for billing purposes :
- Number of emails sent
- Email addresses of recipients
- Country of user
Who Has Access to Our Data?
Data at MailPoet is not shared or sold with any third party.
MailPoet staff and contractors have access to users data for the purpose of providing services.
No personal identifiable data is stored on staff or contractor computers on a permanent basis. Contractors are requested to delete this data at the end of their mission.