We’re looking for an engineer to join our team of 7 talented devs working on MailPoet, a newsletter solution for WordPress used by over 300,000 websites.
Who We Are
We’re a 7-year old, completely bootstrapped, profitable, 13 person company. Our freemium WordPress newsletter plugin is used by over 300,000 websites, of which thousands are customers.
Our product-centric team consists of 7 developers, 1 QA, 2 support staff & 2 product managers. We’re spread over 9 countries.
We strive to make our work place gender inclusive.
You’ll have access to all our key metrics, including revenues. Transparency is in our gene.
You are free to contact any team member to get an objective impression of the team and project. Our emails are composed of first name and domain name. Our team page, in case you’re looking for it.
Where We’re Heading and How
We launched a complete rewrite of our solution in 2017 with our own sending service. We own the entire chain which is fun and challenging.
Business wise, we’re growing 20% over the last fiscal year.
The team works asynchronously, primarily exchanging on Slack and occasionally having a conference call.
Meetings are seldom, but do happen. We report thanks to weekly status update. For the most part we work autonomously and are trusted to get the work done.
We primarily use PHP, MySQL, Idiorm and React.js to build MailPoet. Changes are shared through Jira & GitHub (our repo) and are always reviewed by other team members. A continuous integration service helps us automatically run tests and other safety checks.
- We’re 100% remote;
- We’re focused on deliverables;
- Pretty flexible in terms of working hours;
- We’re a 4-day work week company;
- 5 weeks per year of paid vacation we all get;
- We make it a point to learn constantly;
- We travel to conferences;
- Join us for our annual team retreat;
- Compensation is calculated on an internal salary grid which take into account several parameters. Expect between 42k and 60k USD.
Skills and Requirements
- Good object oriented design skills;
- Ability to write clean and understandable code;
- Ability to write automated tests;
- Solid understanding of PHP;
- Good understanding of Vanilla JS. Experience with React is a bonus, but not required. We can help pick it up;
- Experience with HTML & CSS;
- Familiar with WordPress and its ecosystem is a plus;
- Basic understanding of working with Git.
How to apply
We don’t outsource and we don’t work with agencies, sorry!
We accept only candidates from countries in European and American (East Coast) time zones.
Send an email to email@example.com and tell us about your two favorite projects. Send us links to your profiles online (twitter, GitHub, etc.). Please do not attach your CV.
We get a lot of emails and will only reply to the candidates we feel will fit.