Our user base has been growing steadily, and so has support. We needed to beef up the team before reaching a breaking point.
We are also eager to improve our average response times to all our users.
In August, for example, we had an average response time of 19 hours for free users, and 11 hours for Premium.
These are just numbers, of course. Quality of customer service is just as important.
Rafael, our support lead, and I did extensive screenings in July to find the person that truly cares about helping others. It’s a rare breed.
Rocìo caught our attention because she:
- is a MailPoet user first and foremost
- is active in the community (WordCamps, wprealm.com, mecus.es, rociovaldivia.es)
- is part of the Spanish translation team of WordPress and BuddyPress
- does occasional contributions to BuddyPress
- is a moderator of the Spanish wordpress.org forums
- has coauthored the book WordPress para Dummies (2012), the Spanish version of WordPress for Dummies.
- has published plugins on the repository
- totally fun, proactive, patient, and outgoing
She’s based in Spain, which will considerably improve our response times to our European users, or half our total users.
If you’re going to WordCamp Europe or San Francisco this fall, you’ll have the pleasure to meet her. In fact, she’s even a speaker at WordCamp Europe.
Finally, and while I still have your attention, we have two job openings for developers!